Monday, April 4, 2011

mismatched

i love my dining table and we have a small dining area that we hardly ever use. however, with the arrival of another, smaller family member, mr. b and i have decided to mix things up a bit. we have a gorgeous table that was “loaned” to us by some family friends and we are not quite ready to give it up. we’ve actually been using it as a desk but i think it will work perfectly as a dining table. it is natural, rustic wood (i’m not sure what kind) and i believe it is close to 100 years old. with that said, my vision is something like this:

[gasl11_rectangular.jpg]
i love the prints on the wall & the white chairs with the solid table
(sorry, i can't remember where this one came from)

or this:
with white chairs
Emmas Design Blogg
don't you love the card catalog to the left?
Country Living

it will be a work in progress. i'm hoping to add a bench or a settee on one side. my lil friend abigail is on the lookout as my personal shopper.
what do you all think about mismatched chairs?
happy monday!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE mismatched chairs!! LOVE!!

    My dream is to have a rustic table with different color/style chairs and a bench! I want them to match the colors of our dishes!

    JC thinks I'm nuts! I will have to tell him I'm not the only one!

    Cant wait to see pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your inspiration pics!!! and love the mixmatched chairs/bench.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love mismatched almost everything in home decor! Way to go sister I'm sure it will be fabulous when you are finished, can't wait to see pics!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your photo's....but, mismatched decor really doesn't work so much for me! LOL

    ReplyDelete