Friday, June 3, 2011

lean on me

if you know me, you know that
i.am.emotional.

sometimes, i think that my photo could go behind the word in websters. or google. or wherever people are searching for definitions these days.

friends, it has been an emotional week. more emotional than normal. pregnancy hormones have really hit hard. apparently, i don’t get angry or mean, i just get weepy.

something that has added to that - my mom bought me this book for mother’s day.

i just started reading it. it’s keeping me in check and it’s putting a lot of things in perspective. i want so badly to be the wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend that has a solid, prayerful relationship with God. i want to teach this to my own daughter… i want to be who God wants me to be. He is reminding me of the importance of prayer before speaking and making decisions – two things that i’m not cautious with at all. it's such a great book -for wives and mommies.

i spoke to two very special friends this week that made me thankful for Godly women. in different ways, each of them reminded me that as women, we are on similar roads – they may not be the same exact, but we all get tired, scared and emotional. and that it’s okay to get weepy sometimes (or a couple times a day in my case). i’m so thankful for all of the support that andrew and i have had through the past 7 months… i’m thankful for the words of encouragement and love that we’re receiving… i’m also thankful for the realness that girl friends are sharing with me about mommyhood. we need to lean on one another and i’m so glad there are others willing to provide advice and support.

i’ll be honest – i know our life is changing in big ways. i’m very scared. (i'm sure many of you are probably thinking - she's not even a mom yet - prengnacy is nothing compared to what is about to hit her!) i want to be the best mommy possible and there are so many seen and unforeseen challenges ahead. but i know that with an open and direct line of communication with God and with the love and support from one another we can be great together...

that’s all. have a blessed and safe weekend.


2 comments:

  1. This is such a great post!! I loved reading it and I just know you are going to be an amazing Mommy, you are on the best path that any of us can take. Thank you for sharing, I need to get that book. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you know how i love this post.
    love you, love that baby, love that you're going to be a rockstar mom.
    miss you loads.

    ReplyDelete