Tuesday, February 21, 2012

food, friends, and family!


We have been blowing and going lately. I have done a terrible job posting and continue to make excuses! To be honest, I hate whipping out the computer and downloading pictures. It takes too much time - time that I would rather be spending on things that need to be done.
We have had some excitement in our lives lately and things get better every day. My bestie, Lindsay, is expecting a sweet baby girl at the end of March. I couldn't be more thrilled to meet precious Hattie Elizabeth.
A few weeks ago, my mom, Perry, and I attended a beautiful shower honoring Lindsay and Hattie.

Courtney was able to attend the shower as well. It was so fun to catch up!
We were excited to see Aunt K and Uncle Coach that day as well.

Afterwards, Perry and I went back to Sulphur Springs and spent a few days with my parents. It was nice to get in some quality time with Chelle and Papa D!

Perry gets lots of love when we go to Sulphur. She gets held the entire time and when we get back home she doesn't like to be put down.

In other Perry related news, she has started eating solids. We started her on cereal a few weeks ago and she did fine. But she didn't seem very interested. To be honest, I was a little down about it. I thought for sure my little girl would love solids as much as she enjoys nursing.
But then we tried sweet potatoes. The first try didn't go too well but after I re-blended them in Andrew's Blendtec and mixed them with cereal. It has taken a few days but she LOVES her food. It's so sweet. She even opens up her mouth now.
My sister-in-law Rebecca got us a great cookbook for Christmas which has made baby food preparation much easier!
Next up: Peas!


oh, and she loves her highchair!













No comments:

Post a Comment