Tuesday, September 21, 2010

newbies.

After pondering for several weeks about starting a blog, I have finally convinced myself (as well as my husband) that there may be a few people that care about what we’ve been doing… this may just include our mothers but it’s worth a shot. So the husband and I settled down to decide on a clever name for my new hobby.  He had lots of suggestions; the best included “Belcher isn’t just a Burp” and “I am the Walrus”. I thought “Mr. B and me” had a nicer ring to it...

We have done so many things this year that I would like to share! Here’s a quick catch up; one year ago in May, Mr. B and I purchased our first home. Our little “bungalow” is in the middle of town, has three bedrooms, ONE bath, and lots of charming little built in’s. This purchase has been a-dream-come true but is also a huge work in progress. A few before and after homey pics: 

progress...
brother joel is showing off the progress of the yard

and after!
new yard, new flower beds and painted shutters

fireplace before:

fireplace after:

built in shelves before:

built ins after:

and partial living after:

dining room before:

dining room after:

kitchen before:


kitchen after:

and more bedroom updates to come!!!

So, as 2010 has quickly flown by, I have a few things to brag about! In February, Mr. B ran his first ultra-marathon (that’s 31 miles!!!) in the Cowtown in Ft.Worth. It was amazing and I’m super proud of my marathoning man. This boy was born to run!
 


crossing the finish line!

Beginning in April, we began our summer of weddings…
We started with Courtney & Taylor Atwood's fun wedding
April 24, 2010
 

Next came my little brother Joel & and sweet Molly
May 16, 2010

 Sweated through Enjoyed a fabulous outdoor wedding with my sweet sis
Kaleigh and precious Kevin
June 5, 2010 (which also happens to be my mom & dad’s anniversary)


Which was quickly followed by my bestie Melissa and Adam Carter
June 18, 2010
And we concluded the summer with the beautiful wedding of my other brother
Collin & Jessica
July 10, 2010



God has blessed us with two new sisters and a new brother. I could not be more thankful or humbled by these additions. 

My prayer for each of these couples to continue to love one another unconditionally everyday. That their love will grow and that each is faithful, patient, and kind. I’m so excited for Courtney & Taylor, Joel & Molly, Kaleigh & Kevin, Melissa & Adam and Collin & Jessica. I know that they will enjoy marriage so very much! Yea for a summer of weddings!

At the end of a fabulous summer Mr. B and I celebrated our own very special day. Our three year anniversary was August 25th. Thank you, husband, for the precious soul that you are. Thank you for loving me, protecting me, and for constantly reading my mind! The best part of my day is when you walk through the door and I there isn’t a part of my day that I’m happier than I am when I’m with you. 



Last but not least, I completed my masters in Conflict Resolution work in June and we celebrated with Jamie Cullum at the Lakewood Theatre in Dallas!

2010 has been a great year for the Belchers!

2 comments:

  1. I love it!
    Now if you can get the rest to do the same I wont' always be bothering all of you to see what is going on and what's new. Do you believe that? lol

    ReplyDelete