Saturday, October 23, 2010

family weekend!

happy saturday morning! let me begin by saying how excited we were to watch listen to the rangers game last night! mr. b and were traveling to one of my favorite places - east texas - and had to listen via xm. it was amazing. luckily we were able to watch the 6th - 9th innings at my parents. really looking forward to watching the world series!


buuuut moving on to discuss sulphur town, although it doesn't seem like much, this small town makes my heart swell every time we cross the hopkins county line...


here are a few interesting facts about sulphur - we have 15 foot tall dairy cows outside of the high school:

we have one of the most beeeautiful court houses around:



this image is pretty much a regular sight:

there is absolutely nothing like a cup of stew from hopkins co.:

there are many other fabulous things about sulphur but this could be my favorite reason for coming home:

my mama makes the most wonderfully delicious treats everytime we visit. cake balls, chocolate oatmeal cookies, banana bread, quiche, and many other yummy snacks! 

in other news, mr. b and i met our new neice this weekend:

this is mabel. we think she's a blue heeler/australian sheppard mix. she belongs to newlyweds, joel and molly. she's a doll and the center of attention in my parents house right now.

also, an update on my new fabric. i finally had a chance to look at my new pottery barn magazine. mr. b and i have been contemplating for a while on how to paint/re-tile/remodel the bathroom. we've done quite a bit of work on the bathroom already, but we have not been pleased with the paint color and tile.

here are a few inspiration photos:

  
benjamin moore's hathaway gold is my color of choice. i'm super excited to get started.
that's all for now. hope you have a happy, peaceful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment