Friday, October 8, 2010

happy friday!

Saw this on Mck’s blog and thought I’d try it out. A little harder than expected but it was super fun!


1. I love my job. I am very passionate about where I work and what I do.
2. I didn’t want to move to Abilene for college.
3. I didn’t want to stay in Abilene after college.
4. I married my college sweetheart and stayed in Abilene – 8 years and counting.
5. We don’t have cable. Haven’t for almost 2 years.
6. I’m a very proud ACU Wildcat. So excited that this weekend is Homecoming!
7. I have three planners. They are all repeats of one another. I LOVE SCHEDULES.
8. I can’t wait to be an aunt.
9. I only buy yellow and white mums. EOX for life.
10. I like to stay busy.
11. Most of the time, when I’m really busy, I get really stressed.
12. I love my dogs. Like, I tell them that I love them every night before we go to bed.
13. I am really sensitive and emotional. I cry every other day.
14. I think that the creation of life is one of the most fascinating things in this world.
15. I still drink out of my yellow Nalgene bottle from days of pledging.
16. I want three kids.
17. Santa Fe, New Mexico is one of my favorite places ever. We try to go almost every winter.
18. I miss my mom everyday.
19. I almost cried when I typed that.
20. West Texas gave me allergies.
21. I like projects. A lot. I like to know that I am working towards something.
22. I hate sewing. I want to learn but I have no patience for it.
23. Tyler candles are my favorite. I think it’s because they originated in East Texas, like me.
24. Brace yourself for this one – I was a Dairy Queen.
25. I used to sing on stage. I haven’t done it in almost 10 years and miss it terribly.
26. I hope that someday I have a son so that I can name him James Thompson after my father and my father-in-law.
27. I just ordered Space Savers. Pretty excited about trying them out.
28. I like to shop online. J. Crew packages arrive too frequently at our home.
29. I adore my coworkers.
30. My mom cut my hair until last September. I’ve been seeing someone new for a year now. I miss her cutting it.
31. I love high school football.
32. A lady that works in the hospital cafeteria calls me Natalie Wood.
33. I was blonde until my junior year of college.
34. Christian music makes me cry. Even if it all sounds the same.
35. If I could see one person in concert, it would be Frank Sinatra. If he sang “I Get a Kick Out of You”, I’d die.
36. I only like to shop alone.
37. I like to save new magazines until I have extended time to read them all at once.
38. I hate exercising.
39. I’m super claustrophobic.
40. I can’t snorkel, I’ll hyperventilate.
41. My husband makes me breakfast almost every morning. If he doesn’t, I usually don’t eat.
42. I started eating guacamole at 25. Not a joke.
43. I love old movies. I used to watch black and whites with my dad. Best memories ever.
44. I don’t drink soft drinks.
45. I hate crowds.
46. I like yoga but I don’t consider that exercise.
47. I miss my siblings terribly.
48. I love mushrooms. I think they’re the best food ever.
49. I’m really hot natured.
50. My favorite animal is the cow. Don’t ask me why.
51. I love writing thank you notes.
52. I open gifts extremely slow. I don’t like to tear the paper.
53. My favorite color is red.
54. I’m always forgetting birthdays. I guess the three calendar theory isn’t working (sorry Mom).
55. I hate math.
56. Monograms make my world go round.
57. I have never (knock on wood) broken a bone.
58. I’m not a big fan of carpet.
59. I rarely wear a lot of jewelry.
60. When I was a child, I read all of the time. My favorite book was Anne of Green Gables.
61. I hardly have any time to read any more but I still love it.
62. I pray constantly that my children will know my daddy through the precious memories we have of him.
 63. Every room in my house is a different shade of gray. That’s my favorite thing about it.
64. I rarely wear heels anymore.
65. In 2006, I hiked 20 miles with my boyfriend because he loves the mountains. Thankfully, he was impressed and asked me to marry him 4 months later. I haven’t walked, hiked, or run more than 3 miles since.
66. Blood, guts, cuts, scrapes, etc. make me gag. I get light headed and sometimes pass out.
67. My husband is a PT and LOVES wound care. He talks about it all of the time. I spend a lot of time nauseated.
68. I passed out after watching him get stitches in January.
69. My handwriting is terrible. I hate it.
70. I wish I talked less.
71. I love Saturday mornings when we have nothing to do but sit together on the couch, drink coffee, and read magazines. It’s pure bliss.
 72. I’m way too honest because I can’t lie. Don’t ever ask me to because you’ll be in trouble if it’s a secret.
73. My hubby guesses his Christmas gifts almost every year because I can’t keep a secret.
74. My parents taught my brother, sister and I to be best friends. We are, and I love that.
75. The Conflict Resolution Program at ACU changed my life. I am eternally grateful.
76. I think that the best place to be in the fall is East Texas. Eating stew. Also maybe eating candy corn.
77. We are celebrating our 3 year wedding anniversary in CA. Couldn’t be more excited.
78. I miss my college girlfriends like a crazy person.  
79. We don’t own a real crock pot.
80. Some days, I wish we lived in a real small town. Even Abilene has traffic.
81. I love to write. I think grad school made me more creative.
82. I need to volunteer more.
83. Cooking Light magazines and cook books are the best. There isn’t a recipe that we have made that didn’t turn out delish!
84. I love pickles. My husband hates pickles.
85. I absolutely hate scary movies. I refuse to watch them.
86. I would rather buy a new handbag than shoes.
87. Martha Stewart is my entertaining, and creativity icon. My dream is to pick her brain... if I wasn’t so scared of her.
88. I love getting Christmas cards.
89. I am beyond thankful for the friends in Abilene that God has blessed us with. Even if they move off to the metroplex...
90. I have never really liked the color pink but it is growing on me.
91. I miss HGTV and Bravo. I'm kinda sad that I miss Sarah's House and Rachel Zoe.
92. I used to walk in my sleep. I was locked out of my room my first year at church camp.
93. My middle name is Christine.
94. I’m usually running late. Unless it’s church because the hubby likes to be on time.
95. We’re trying not to eat meat for awhile. It isn’t really working.
96. I love being at home, on the couch, with the dogs and the husband.
97. I’m addicted to Burt’s Bee’s lip shimmer.
98. I love sour skittles.
99. I still use hot rollers.
100. I love that God knows every single moment in my life. The good and the not so good.


3 comments:

  1. I love your blog. I love this post. We have so much in common (I use hot rollers too). My family just moved to a small town outside of Abilene. I didn't know you were here. Well, I really don't know who lives in Abilene, but I really should since we spend a lot of time there.

    Anyway, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading about you julia and I copied you cause it was such a great idea...it was tough to think of that much stuff about yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia, Julia, Julia....reading your "100" made me smile, cry and laugh!! I miss you sweetie!

    ReplyDelete